UPDATED Favourite Makeup Products

Hey people!

I have always had bad skin (dry / oily / sensitive), but I have found that certain products help, or don't make my skin as oily etc. So, here are a few of my favourite beauty products; 


I do struggle to find the right moisturiser for my skin, however, I think I have finally cracked it and found one that actually makes my skin less dry! I have been using the Simple Kind To Skin moisturiser. I use the day cream, but I do believe that you can get a night cream as well. I usually just put a few dabs around all of my face and then gently rub it in, especially on the dryer areas. 



Followed by moisturising, I prime my face using the Rimmel London Lasting Finish. Before I found this primer, I was using one from somewhere else (I cannot remember where), so when I ran out of that one, I thought I'd try another brand / type of primer and this one is brilliant. I don't apply too much otherwise my skin appears oily. It really does keep my makeup on all day.



Now, foundation. My skin has never got on well with foundation at all. I have to make sure I find the right one. I've tried Mac, Estee Lauder, Clinique, Rimmel, L'oreal... the list goes on... BUT I HAVE FINALLY FOUND IT! Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen WOW... it really is wow. It is such good coverage and it's not heavy on my face at all. I would certainly recommend this foundation to anyone. 

Moving on to concealer... for a while I was using the Collection Lasting Perfection concealer (and I do still use it, but not very often), but I have discovered Bourjois Radiance Reveal concealer. I must say that it does come out quite heavy so sometimes you may end up with a bit more on your fac than you'd like, but once it's all blended in it looks fab. The coverage is great and it covers any blemishes and dark circles. 

Now let's talk about powder. I really don't like to spend too much money on powder so I will just buy drugstore stuff, and the BEST POWDER EVER I would have to say is the Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder. Before I cam across this powder (or even makeup), I would watch so many YouTube videos hearing people rave about this so I thought I'd give it a go, and I must say that this powder just works for me. I just puff it all over my face, especially on my forehead and under my eyes, and it keeps my makeup lasting for hours (If I had to critique, I would say that I think there packaging could be a lot better... there has been many occasions where my lids have broken and snapped right down the middle, therefore making the lid come loose and just falling off). 
 


HOOLA HOOLA! I really think Benefit products just get me y'know... I am just loving Hoola by Benefit. Hoola is a bronzer powder or contour, whatever you wanna call it. I put this below my cheek bones and on my temple bits on my head to give my fave much more definition. I have been using Hoola for quite a while now and I will certainly be sticking with it. 

Now, I have only been using highlight for about less then a year now, and I have only tried two which were the Benefit Watts Up Illuminating stick, and the L'oreal Paris True Match Highlight... I have switched between the two, but my favourite one would have to be the L'oreal one. It gives of my more of a shine, whereas the Benefit one just add a small amount of colour to my face.

Eye shadow... I have never been the best at doing my eye makeup, but I do enjoy experimenting with different shades and styles, and my absolute holy grail eye shadow pallet is the Urban Decay Naked 3 pallet. Yes, it is very very very pricey, however IT IS SO WORTH IT! I cannot hype enough about this pallet. The shades are just amazing. I am certainly not one to go for the silvers or dark eye shadow shades, which is why I think the Naked 3 pallet is for me. The shades are so natural with pink and gold shimmery shades. Some of the shades I haven't used (as of yet), but I will get round to using them! 
 


I have used many mascaras since I first started wearing makeup, but the Maybelline Lash Sensation mascara is fantastic!!! I do find that it makes my lashes stand out much more than any other mascara (and I do not wear false lashes). It does also last all day on my lashes which is fab!

Makeup brushes!!! I only use a selected amount of makeup brushes for my makeup... For my moisturiser and foundation, I will use my finger tips, for my concealer, I will use the Real Techniques Foundation brush (second from the right) using just a patting motion, for my powder, I will use the Real Techniques Powder Brush (which I actually bough in New York for like 5 dollars, if that!!!), to fill in my eye brows, I will use an angled brush from the body shop (far right), and to apply my eye shadow, I will use these three brushes; a fluffy brush (from Cath Kidston) for the crease, a flat brush just as an all over cover, and a small angled brush if I want to add an "eye liner" affect just above my lash line and along my bottom lashed (both of the brushes are from echo tools).


So I have had a bit of a crave for lipsticks recently. I find that I will go a while without wearing lipsticks, then I will start wearing them again... and I do have quite a few to choose from (this isn't the whole collection btw, just the ones I tend to wear the most).

I have soooooo many fave lipsticks so it has been hard to choose, but I think my #1 is the NYX Lingerie! I only purchased this quite recently and I just love it! Lipsticks don't to last long on my lips and I do find that I have to re-apply fairly often during the day, but this stays on my lips ALL DAY. It leaves such a nice matte finish which I do like. This shade is 02, Embellishment.
 

Another one of my faves is the Mac Retro Matte Liquid Lipcolour. Once again, it is a matte lipstick which I love and I think this shade is so nice! It does look slightly orangy but it is such a nice shade for the summer! This shade is Lady-Be-Good. 
 

The most recently lipstick I bought at Duty Free is a Mac Frost lipstick. I had never used a Frost lipstick before, but I do love it! It does stay on my lips for most of the day, and this is such a suttle shade if you don't to wear anything too... out there. This shade is Fabby.

 

Now for my final lipstick... it is a Mac Satin shade. This was my favourite one before I bought the NYX lipstick, but I think this one will always be one of my favourites. It gives off quite a deep shade and it just feels so smooth on my lips. This shade is Twig.
 


I hope this helps for people and that you enjoyed reading!

Emma xox



PRODUCTS;


























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Fave Beauty Products!!!

Fake Tan Reviews