Fake Tan Reviews

I wouldn't call myself a fake tan fanatic, however I do enjoy self tanning every now and then. I do however find it rather difficult to find a tan that suits my skin so here are my opinions on the fake tans I own;



Garnier Ambre Solaire 

On the bottle, it says that this tan leaves no streaks and that it bronzes the skin. This one that I have is a body mist tan in a median tone. I would definitely rate this tan, however, I'd go for a darker tone. I feel that the medium one is more of a light tone when it has dried on your skin.

The good things that I like about this tan is that it dries super quickly, it doesn't leave any streaks and you don't need to rub it in at all. It is priced at £10.99 which I would say is relatively reasonable.






Rimmel London Sun Shimmer


This tan is a self tanning mouse in a medium matte tone. This is by far the worst tan I have used. It comes out as more of a liquid as apposed to a mouse and it smear across that skin leaving streaks. It does have a quick drying time but it does not last for 7 days as it says on the bottle. I would reccomend applying this with a tanning mitt as it is a mouse. This is priced at £7.99.







St Tropez Gradual Tan

This is a gradual tinted tan for everyday use to build up your tan. It is a liquid formula that gives an instant healthy glow. So far, this is my favourite tan I have come across because it does EXACTLY what it says on the bottle. It dries within 20 minutes of application and gives an instant glow. This tan leaves no streaks giving you an all over even tan. Yes, you do need to apply it daily but that is only if you want to keep your tan up. When applying this, I just use my hand and then wash them after. The original price of this is £14.99 but I would say that it is worth it.






Bondi Sands Tanning Mist

This tan is a self tanning mist in a dark tone. It dries within an hour and you can continue to build your tan if needed. In the past I haven't had a problem with this tan, however, when I recently applied it, it instant made my skin have a burning sensation, so I had to wash it off. I'm not quite sure what happened so perhaps doing a skin test before using this may be a good idea. I do like this tan but I find that it comes out rather blotchy once sprayed onto the skin. Also, when rubbing it in, some areas dry instantly, therefore leaving big brown dots... I would use a mitt to rub it in a little bit after being sprayed. I do find Bondi Sands tan a bit on the pricey side. This one is priced at £14.99 and I don't really think it is worth that much.






Bondi Sands Tanning Milk

This is an everyday gradual tanning milk body moisturiser. It leaves your skin feeling hydrated and nourished. These two bottles were the first fake tans I purchased. To this day, I still have no idea on how to actually apply this and what I need to do after it is applied. I also have no idea if I'm meant to use them together... The only difference between them is that one is SPF15. I apply these either using gloves or my bare hands, but be sure to wash them after. I leave this tan to develop over night and then hop in the shower the following morning to wash off any excess. The blue bottle is priced at £11.99 and the white bottle is £10.99.





When I most recently fake tanned, I applied the Bondi Sands Tanning Milk (the blue bottle) in the evening after exfoliating in the shower and then applying some normal moisturiser to any dry areas. I then let it dry for a while, not that it takes long, and then slept in it over night. The following morning, I applied the St Tropez Gradual Tan. I applied this in the morning and in the evening to build up my tan. I would certainly recommend using these two together as they give such a nice glow.


Emma xox

Instagram
Twitter


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Fave Beauty Products!!!